Write your title here. Click to edit.
THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO GREEN SKILLS FOR JOBS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP PARTICIPANTS.
About the Research Internship
The intern will work on a research project funded by the RGS-IBG entitled 'Is there an afterlife for wind installations in Italy?'. The project aims at investigating what is happening to ageing on-shore wind infrastructures and to deliver policy insights to better understand and manage the decision-making process of end of life infrastructure.
Number of roles:
Deadline for application:
30 June 2023.
Main purpose of role
The purpose of the post is to assist the project managers in the delivery of the outputs from the project 'Is there an afterlife for wind installations in Italy?'. The job will offer the successful applicant an opportunity to work in a research based environment and to develop analytical and research skills, project management skills, working with teams and working to a client brief.
What would you be doing?
In this internship you will be working directly with Dr Carla De Laurentis and Dr Rebecca Windemer (from Regen) to contribute to a current research project exploring what is happening to old wind farm infrastructure in Italy. The tasks associated with this role will include the following:
1. Update an academic literature review based on detailed instructions and support from the supervisors
2. Identify key stakeholders in the wind power value chain that support end-of-life to disseminate a policy brief and guidance check-list
3. Assist in the writing up of a summary of the existing project report to be disseminated to relevant stakeholders
4. Identify the A-Level specification for Energy and Resource security to be used in writing-up of a case study for Geography South West to be used by A-level geography teachers.
5. Prepare a project plan and report regularly on the status of the work.
Full support will be given to help you undertake these tasks and there is flexibility in the tasks undertaken.
Both supervisors are happy to provide mentorship and advice in any skills that you would like to develop / experiences you would like to get during the internship.
Where is the opportunity based?
Remote working is supported in this role.
BSc or BA qualification (or equivalent) in a related area.
BA/BSc in environmental management/Geography/business.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Experience
Be well organised with an interest in renewable energy.
Can understand and interpret complex documents, summarising their contents succinctly.
High attention to detail.
Thrives when faced with challenging timescales and deadlines.
A team player and enjoys a collaborative working environment.
A dedication and willingness to contribute to the project.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Carla De Laurentis at firstname.lastname@example.org